AP Biology 1
Discount price for 20+ units
Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
How Do BIOZONE’s (2017) Editions match the (2019) CED?Curious to know how the (2017) editions align to the College Board’s (2019) Curriculum and Exam Description (CED)? Download an 8-page alignment that maps the CED to BIOZONE content over the two book titles (139K PDF).
Product DescriptionBIOZONE’s 2017 AP Biology series is comprised of two titles, each covering different topics. AP1 Biology 1 covers the following topics: Essential skills, Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Genetics and Evolution. BIOZONE’s 2017 editions of our popular AP Biology 1 & 2 student books build on the successful approach of previous editions. They feature revised content and easy-to-use tools for identifying program requirements and assessing student performance.
- Chapter introductions provide a summary of required knowledge, encapsulating the Essential Knowledge of the AP curriculum framework (2015) and matched point for point.
- A Key Idea introduces each activity, providing a clear focus and “take-home” message for the student.
- Activities to support student-led inquiry and a larger number of activities involving data analysis and modeling.
- Case studies and required illustrative examples.
- Easy-to-use coding for weblinks, content and concept connections, and science practices:
- Science Practices are well supported through integrated activities in both volumes.
- Concept and Content Connections codes enable students to make important connections across the entire program.
- Content to support the 13 required practicals.
- Both volumes include content adjustments and updates in light of the latest (2015) review of the framework and in keeping with the dynamic nature of science.
- Review activities at the end of each chapter enable students to test their understanding and are ideal as formative assessment tasks.
- Synoptic activities suitable as summative assessments conclude each section of work.
Features and Benefits
- 400+ activities across the two companion titles: Varied, engaging activities provide ample opportunity for students to explore and test their understanding of the content.
- The four big ideas provide a thematic framework for presenting a wealth of illustrative examples to support the required content.
- Concept maps make connections between key content areas.
- A key idea for each activity and access to support online engages students and supports a deeper understanding.
- Enduring understandings are clearly identified and developed through the learning objectives and their supporting activities.
- Essential knowledge: Learning outcomes are based on the essential knowledge requirements of the AP Biology Curriculum Framework, outlining the knowledge and skills students must acquire.
Download Additional Resources (PDF)
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.