Biology for NGSS
The Classroom Guide is a teaching resource designed to assist in best use of Biology for NGSS and its features
Free PDF Download
Product DescriptionThe Biology for NGSS Classroom Guide is specifically designed to aid teachers in the implementation of NGSS HS-LS in a differentiated classroom. These features include:
- It features of both the student book and Teacher’s Edition explained, with special reference to how it fully integrates the three dimensions of the NGSS Framework.
- Full mapping of the 3 dimensions of NGSS.
- Teaching strategies using the BIOZONE solution, including:
- Scaffolded learning using the 5Es instructional model as the basis for the sequencing of activities
- Using collaborative learning in a differentiated classroom
- Strategies for ELD/ELA
- Extending gifted and talented students
- Promoting inquiry using practical investigations
- Assigning activities for homework/self study
- Formative and summative assessment, including specifically identified performance expectations
- Addressing Common Core State Standards for math and literacy
- Using BIOZONE’s Resource Hub
- Ancillary products to support teaching and learning
- Strategies for pacing and lesson planning
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more personalized information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.