Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
Product DescriptionBIOZONE’s Environmental Science Student Workbook introduces students to the Earth’s physical and biological systems, and examines the interactions of humans with their environment. This edition includes a wealth of current content and aligns the workbook to its supporting digital resources. Structured on the APES curriculum and aligned to the IB Environmental Systems and Societies, the comprehensive coverage of this text makes it highly suitable for any high school environmental science course. Content includes the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, and in-depth coverage of energy extraction issues, pollution, and the wider environmental implications of urban development. The ideal companion to both the APES curriculum and the IB Environmental Systems and Societies.
- 160+ ActivitiesVaried, engaging activities provide ample opportunity for students to explore and test their knowledge and understanding.
- Structure Scaffolds LearningThe workbook structure is based on developing a sound understanding of the Earth’s systems and ecology and then building on this to explore current environmental issues relating to resource use and global change.
- Concept-based and AccessibleThe complexities of the Earth’s geological and ecological processes are made accessible through a concept-based approach. Students progressively build knowledge and deeper understanding through the use of real-world contexts.
- Clear Learning OutcomesLearning objectives outline the knowledge and skills that students must acquire, with additional guidance as appropriate. Key concepts provide a summary of essential ideas.
- LiteracyConfidence in the required terminology is developed through targeted activities.
- Diagrams, Illustrations and PhotographsClear, uncomplicated diagrams, illustrations, and photographs support and reinforce the text.
- WeblinksThese support activities where relevant and appropriate to extend learning beyond the workbook and to assist students in visualizing complex processes.
- Model Answer BookProvides suggested answers to the workbook activities. Sold separately.
- Concept MapsConcept maps provide an overview of concepts and connections, identifying the topics to be covered within each of the four contexts (disease, medicine and technology, aging, and exercise).
Download Additional Resources (PDF)
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.