Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
Product DescriptionThe second edition of BIOZONE’s popular student workbook for IB Biology provides the core and AHL content in a single, comprehensive volume. The workbook’s structure accommodates both an integrated and spiral approaches to the course, with core material for both SL and HL material clearly identified and easily located. Each chapter is prefaced with clear learning objectives based on the Understandings, Skills, and Applications central to the IB Diploma Program for Biology. Objectives and content to address Theory of Knowledge and International-mindedness are integrated throughout. Features include the use of an activity numbering system and cross referencing to linked content, facilitating easy use of the workbook and addressing utilizations throughout. The activities, which form the bulk of the workbook, provide highly visual, student-friendly delivery of content. Activities are concept based and have been written specifically to develop skills in critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving in students of all abilities. This edition marks a major content revision to address the curriculum that started September 2014.
- Diagrams, illustrations and photographs Clear, uncomplicated diagrams, illustrations, and photographs support and reinforce the text.
- Key Ideas The introduction to each activity is prefaced by a key idea, summarizing the primary focus of the activity.
- End of chapter synoptic activities End of chapter synoptic activities provide a means of self-testing or assessment. They focus on the understanding of content and vocabulary.
- Weblinks A wide variety of over 320 engaging activities facilitate effective differential instruction. Introduce, consolidate, extend, and test using the same workbook.
- Literacy and comprehension A literacy and comprehension activity concludes each chapter, testing knowledge of important terms, synthesis of information, and understanding of basic concepts. A perfect synoptic self-test for students.
- Syllabus and Cross-curricula Links BIOZONE’s unique tab system identifies utilizations, making connections to related concepts across the entire IB Biology syllabus.
- TOK and International-Mindedness Specific indicators to these components of the syllabus are made in the introduction to each chapter and throughout the workbook. Students are encouraged through questions and visual material to address them in context as appropriate.
- Understandings, Applications, and Skills The understandings, applications, and skills required for each topic are summarized in a series of learning objectives that provide the IB learner with performance expectations. Key terms arising from these provide the basis of the literacy activities that conclude each topic.
- Write-On Activities A wide variety of over 320 engaging activities facilitate effective differential instruction. Introduce, consolidate, extend, and test using the same workbook.
- Group 4 Experimental Skills and Mathematical Requirements These components of the syllabus are addressed in two complementary ways. Data handling and interpretation activities are integrated throughout the workbook, provide real-world scenarios in context. A comprehensive concluding chapter supports this, covering basic planning, computational, and graphing skills to be used in skill development and consolidation, and as a reference.
- Group 4 Aims Over 320 varied and engaging activities provide ample opportunity for students to address and meet the Group 4 aims. The wide range of tasks facilitates effective differential instruction; introduce, consolidate, extend, and test using the same workbook.
Download Additional Resources (PDF)
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.